Do you want to work on the cutting edge of blockchain, high tech
and entertainment? GUTS Tickets revolutionises event ticketing while
making the industry an honest space. Join our scale-up and boost your
career to the next level.
Working at GUTS Tickets
With our GET Protocol we have been providing an honest ticketing solution on the blockchain since 2015. This open infrastructure layer is used by event organisers worldwide to guarantee entry to music festivals, concerts, sports events and everywhere else a ticket is required for (digital) entry. GET offers all the features needed to build more transparent and user friendly sales and operations. It transforms the shady realm of event ticketing into a honest space. Our GET token is listed on Coinmarketcap, has actual real-world utility (Sorry dog coins!), and can be traded on exchanges like Bittrex and SushiSwap.
We have sold over 1 million tickets via our GUTS Tickets app which allows us to showcase the full range of benefits that our technology enables. GUTS Tickets is our very own blueprint of a modern ticketing company and prevents fraudulent ticket sales by using our GET Protocol. We simultaneously serve existing clients, fund event organisers and design the future of digital ticketing. That means dreaming up entirely new features and services and then implementing them in real life.
We are now scaling up fast and selling more tickets every month despite the global pandemic. It is a unique time in our history and we want you to be part of it!
What is the challenge
As Backend Engineer you will work on expanding the functionality and scalability of our Golang and Python-based backend services. You will also:
• Write well-tested, rock-solid code that performs well
• Keep an eye on the performance of the system as a whole
• Design and document robust API endpoints for our frontend apps and external partners
• Be creative in general in your solutions, and especially on our monthly hack days
• Review your peers' code and be open to receiving feedback
• Have the ambition to work as an expert developer and/or lead a team of developers
Our development team is world-class and welcomes developers of various experience levels: Mediors and Seniors, and true Veterans. Besides this we look for:
• Experience as Go and/or Python developer (Junior, Medior or Senior)
• Experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
• Experience with document databases like CouchDB is "nice to have"
• Experience working in self-managed agile teams
• Able to communicate with us in English (or Dutch)
• Work from a time zone that aligns or is near to ours (UTC+1)
• Have a “knowledge sharing” mentality that runs in our DNA
What we offer you
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Part-time or full-time is negotiable
• GET token plan is negotiable
• Generous yearly budget for training, hardware and conferences
• Work-from-home budget for home office equipment
• Collaborate with a committed team of developers and creators from all over the world
• Visa sponsorship and generous relocation bonus
• Fully remote working possibility
Friday afternoon social drinks on our roof terrace overlooking Amsterdam, with BBQs in summer. Meetups and Lightning talks, access to international events and conferences of your choice. Each month we have informal, company-wide updates where we check in with every team. Oh, and we have epic PlayStation gaming-battles, ping-pong and darts tournaments!